so when i was a yoof, we used to go around wearin ex RAF greatcoats wot we bought from the army and navy shop on hampstead road - this was before punk (and i wasnt yet a post-punk hippy) and we used to go to the Roundhouse and see bands like Magma and Amon Duul and henry cow, or occasionaly famous people like the stones or thin lizzy or whatever
but we woz conufsed as many of us didn;t kno that it was a "greatcoat" - peopel thought maybe it was a Grey Coat...
a bit like
common-or-garden, which some people seem to pronounce common-all-garden
or maybe you can fink of other fings wot we got wrong, i'd appreeshiate u dropin me a line...
maybe you went to the music machine or the electrik ballroom to see madness/speshuls/selector too...
or remember the first gong gig in camden and the global village trucking company, or even Osibisa
music while you browse
- ► 2018 (16)
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (29)
- the day the internet stood still
- Tricycle design
- dan brown - the lost clue?
- CS meets news control and CS meets germs and immun...
- end of amateur internet era, what a sad loss
- collision avoidance for cell phone walkers (and cy...
- privacy, the internet, and asymmetric warfare
- hard-to-lose money idea
- swiss army locksmithereens
- journalists dont get it
- comment is content free
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2008 (89)
- ► 2007 (74)