so i am not one that subscribes to the idea that the internet is full of sound and fury signifying nothing, but it is interesting how cultures online vary from site to site and time to time , in terms of restraint or thoughtfulness of user contributed content - today's astoundingly stupid stuff includes both youtube commentary
this time: appalingly ignorant comments about the nature and history of the song Helter Skelter, and a fairly hardcore punk/goth version by Siouxie & the accurately named Banshees, apparently a "hippy song" according to some pundits...hmm - i wonder what Charles Manson would do to them; and the BBC's Have Your Say, comments on the significance (or otherwise) of the 2nd Irish referendum on the EU's Lisbon Treaty- case in point, where the most recommended comment at the time of typing this isn't even grammatically correct.
music while you browse
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (29)
- the day the internet stood still
- Tricycle design
- dan brown - the lost clue?
- CS meets news control and CS meets germs and immun...
- end of amateur internet era, what a sad loss
- collision avoidance for cell phone walkers (and cy...
- privacy, the internet, and asymmetric warfare
- hard-to-lose money idea
- swiss army locksmithereens
- journalists dont get it
- comment is content free
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2008 (89)
- ► 2007 (74)