in this age where we have free bikes available in all intelligent (civilized) cities (e.g. Paris, Copenhagen, Amsterdam), and we are busy outfitting them with wireless sensors to report where they are, when, and what the weather is like (skidding, lights) and pollution (air/noise), we should note that these said same cities also haveunreliable humidity - so we need a citywide free umbrella system - the umbrellas could be kitted out with torches in the handles - these torches could be powered by batteries which contain sensors (so that we can find an umbrella)
a sentient umbrella city app on an [ig]-phone would pop up and buzz when the weather in the owners locale was about to turn rainy, and tell them "100 meters down the street on the right is a city-free umbrella - you can see it as I have just start ed flashing its light...and warned other people that this one is now yours for the next 1km/hour... ... ...
[if anyone can find the origin of the word "bumbershute" as an alternative for umbrella, please let me or tim griffin know asap:-)
music while you browse
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (69)
- startup midwifery and RAI*
- Great talk by Andrew Odlyzko here today
- today's puzzles
- accelerationistas! be careful what you wish for
- damn - got me in one, again
- too much too young - flaws in early internet resea...
- gender bender
- self plagiarism in code...and ip spoofing
- living in a material world
- brainy bumbershutes or the sentient umbrella
- automating creativity by application of ancient gr...
- © God
- poisoning p2p nets - does the RIAA pay for the cop...
- hard sf fashion victims prisoners of history
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2007 (74)