so in technology (where I work) bad ideas are usually (at least eventually) beaten out
by better ideas - so we see "progress". But in philosophy, there is no way to kill a bad idea - there's no reason we assign it a cost that means that each new person who rediscovers it can tell how much worse an idea it is than another
hence bad ideas, li-ke Free Market Economics, and Religion, are very hard to eliminate
compared with horsedrawn carriages and sackcloth shirts.
how is that, pray?
music while you browse
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (69)
- Why don't apple wireles kb + mouse not have usb to...
- social net (and other "cloud") content ownership
- affective driving?
- anti-metcalf law - the voluntary balkanization of ...
- the bbc versus the guitar
- Not Polite Complete
- neal stephenson redux
- the role of university research (versus industry)
- progress and the natural selection between good an...
- Future of Wireless - on the edge of chaos
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2007 (74)