During the last 3 economic downturns in the UK
we notice an upturn in the number of people applying
to study computer science (at undergrad, masters and PhD level)
sadly, this upturn in numbers is not reflected in an upturn
in numbers of women in CS
methinks that this could just be an example of the old saying
The Lady's not for Turing
music while you browse
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (69)
- Why don't apple wireles kb + mouse not have usb to...
- social net (and other "cloud") content ownership
- affective driving?
- anti-metcalf law - the voluntary balkanization of ...
- the bbc versus the guitar
- Not Polite Complete
- neal stephenson redux
- the role of university research (versus industry)
- progress and the natural selection between good an...
- Future of Wireless - on the edge of chaos
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2007 (74)