so we now have a full fledged conference on
internet of stuff and i suppose there's probably on on the internet of nonsense too, but what abut the internet of tings - we had the Internet of Pings (planetlab) and the internet of nothings (well, ones and nothings), but what would the Internet of Tings consist of? or rather,
of what would the Internet of Tings consist?
a quick consultation with the OED and we find that a Ting is
. The sound emitted by a small bell, or other resonant body, as a thin glass vessel, as the result of a single stroke; a thinner or sharper sound than that expressed by TANG.
so then, the interne of tings would be somewhat musical - and could be accompanied by an internet of tangs, too.
next week, we'll take a look at the Internet of Mings.
music while you browse
- ► 2018 (13)
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (69)
- ► 2008 (89)
- look behind you!
- I dont the best I can and now I want my blog back
- file sharing is communist, declares congress
- the internet of tings
- the atlantic auction
- RAND survey on self regulation for the internet
- complexity/diversity at multiple bio-scales
- Crowcroft's 10 Laws of Startups
- a battery of broken dreams - wireless senseless ne...
- ▼ July (9)