Saturday, May 17, 2008

RF propagation and cray's law- useful children's metaphors

so my kids helped me paint the kitchen and various other things around the house that were not entirely intended for a clean slate - the distribution of paint reminded me of the black magic that is radio propagation - it so often goes where you dont want it, and not all where you do.

in the procedss of having a nice clean redecorated kitchen, i was reminded of Cray's statement (or is it amdahl's) about optimisation - now we have a clean kitche, the bathroom (that looked ok before) looks decidedly shabby...

oh well....optimisation is the name of the game (or is it
always look on the bright side of the pipeline?)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
misery me, there is a floccipaucinihilipilification (*) of chronsynclastic infundibuli in these parts and I must therefore refer you to frank zappa instead, and go home